We collect the following personal information about you:
1. Information we receive from you in applications or other forms, correspondence, or conversations, including, but not limited to, your name, address, phone number, social security number, assets, income, and date of birth;
2. Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, including, but not limited to, your account number and balance, payments history, parties to transactions, cost basis information, and other financial information; and
3. Other personal information we collect from various sources, even if you have not entered into a prior transaction with us, including the following:
- Name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, telephone number, account name, and other similar identifiers;
- Age and marital status;
- Commercial information, including records of products purchased;
- Browsing history, search history, and information on interaction with our website;
- Geolocation data;
- Employment and employment history, educational history, financial information, and purchasing and consuming histories or tendencies; and
- Inferences drawn from the above-listed information to create a profile about your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, and behavior.
We collect this information directly from you, indirectly in the course of providing services to you, directly and indirectly from your activity on our website, from broker dealers, marketing agencies, and other third parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform and products we offer, and from anonymized and aggregated consumer information.
We use this information to fulfill the reason you provided the information to us, to provide you with other relevant products that you request from us, to provide you with information about products that may interest you, to improve our website or present our website’s contents to you, and as otherwise described to you when collecting your personal information.
We do not disclose any personal information to unaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by law. We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates, vendors, and service providers for a business purpose. For example, we are permitted by law to disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to our transfer agent to process your transactions. When disclosing your personal information to third parties, we enter into a contract with each third party describing the purpose of such disclosure and requiring that such personal information be kept confidential and not used for any purpose except to perform the services contracted or respond to regulatory or law enforcement requests.
Furthermore, we restrict access to your personal information to those persons who require such information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your personal information.
Supplemental Privacy Notice for Residents of California
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) provides you, as a California resident, with certain additional rights relating to your personal information.
Under the CCPA, you have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we have collected about you over the past 12 months, the categories of sources of such information, our business purpose for collecting the information, the categories of third parties, if any, with whom we shared the information, and the specific information we have collected about you.
You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information, and, unless an exception applies, we will delete such information upon receiving and confirming your request. To make a request, call us at 1 800 966 4354, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to www.hennessyfunds.com/contact.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. Further, we will not collect additional categories of your personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.